The Humbleyard Practice
The Humbleyard Practice has 59 members of staff working to provide services to the patient population across 50 hours of the week. We provide General Practice services to over 18,400 patients.
- We currently have 13 GPs working a mixture of full-time and part-time hours.
- A full time GP works across 4 days of the week working on average 12 hours each of those days, so doing at least a 48 hour working week.
- Part-time doctors work either 2 or 3 days a week, also working at least 12 hours on each of those days.
- Your GPs often also work on their days off or at the weekend doing admin tasks such as checking results, reading hospital letters, responding to tasks and writing referrals.
- We have 1 Nurse Practitioner and 7 Practice Nurses and 4 Health Care Assistants providing the nursing needs for the patients.
- We have 5 managers, managing and supervising the service provision across the three sites, this includes 3 Surgery Managers, a Finance and Compliance Manager and a Practice Business Manager
- We have 8 Dispensers working across the three sites processing all of the medication requests for the patients, both repeat and acute requests, and dispensing medication to those patients who are entitled to receive dispensing.
- We have 16 Receptionists/Administrators who deal with all of the patient queries and the admin requirements linked to ensuring the clinicians can provide appropriate care to the patients. This includes scanning in correspondence, taking queries, registering patients, and booking appointments.
- We have 4 Secretaries typing all of the referrals and dealing with queries and concerns regarding hospital appointments and treatment.
- We have 6 Summarisers /Data Clerks summarising the notes of new patients and coding data from letters and reports.
All GP practices are now required to declare the mean earnings (i.e. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice. The average pay for GPs working in The Humbleyard Practice in the last financial year was £61,482.42 (before Tax and National Insurance). This is for 5 full time, 2 three quarter time and 5 half time GP partners who worked in the practice for more than 6 months in 2014.